Monday, December 19, 2011

Blue Road's Story

I've been crafting my own skirts, purses, hair thingies and the like ever since I learned how to sew in seventh grade. Wow, I really did learn something in Junior High, other than how to get away with cheating, and how to properly kick a guy in the balls, (don't ask). Ever since my popular Lamb Chops boxers that my friends kept stealing from me, I've had a desire to create my own thing.

My problem with shopping is I have an idea in my head of what I want and then I go shopping to find it. Except it only exists in my head, not in reality. This is how it was several years ago when I went on a Vegas trip with my best girls. They shopped, I yawned. About halfway through the day I started thinking about what I would like to wear, which at the time were animals shirts with feather earrings, headbands, hair clips, etc. When I first started making these they weren't popular. Now you walk into any store and throw a rock and your going to hit a girl wearing an eagle on her tee and feather earrings. This may be why I feel drawn in a new direction.

I'm now moving into the Goddess phase of my creations for 2012. Beginning with the Goddess Venus Tee and the Caterpillar, Chrysalis, and Butterfly filigrees, all on Etsy. Along with the Awaken Tee. And the embellished goddess-esque cardigans.

Soon to come: Goddess in the kitchen (I love baking!) and some tutorials on how to make cute hair pieces, easy and fast with scraps of fabric you may have laying around the house.

Stay tuned.

PEACE.

No comments:

Post a Comment